Holiday Pesto Bread Recipe
If there’s one thing I’ve learned from years of attending holiday parties, it’s this: finger food sells.
If it requires to be scooped onto a plate and eaten with a fork or spoon, the dish is likely to remain on the buffet table while the finger food disappears into the tummies of chatty, mingling party-goers.
So, if you are looking for a festive dish to bring to an upcoming party, this pesto bread will absolutely deliver. 1. It’s red and green, so already you’ll get points for the colors of the season. 2. It’s pizza-like, which everyone loves. 3. It doesn’t require utensils.
I made enough for 6 servings here, but please double, triple, or quadruple recipe if serving a crowd.
Holiday Pesto Bread:
2 Take & Bake baguettes, sometimes called “par-baked”
8 oz cream cheese
2 cloves garlic, minced
8 oz pesto
3 tomatoes on the vine
1 cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees F
- Combine cream cheese and minced garlic in a bowl and microwave for a few seconds until cream cheese is spreadable. Stir until totally combined.
3. Slice baguettes lengthwise and lay on rimmed baking sheet, cut sides facing up.
4. Spread cream cheese mixture on baguettes.
5. Spread pesto on top of cream cheese layer. Try to keep squarely on top. I’m warning you that the oil will try to separate and drip down the sides of the bread. The thicker the pesto, the better.
6. Slice tomatoes thinly and place on top of pesto. The red! The green! Marvel at how your holiday spirit cannot be contained. It even shines through your cooking. It seems appropriate that maybe a Hallmark Channel Christmas movie be playing in the background here. Maybe you imagine you are a big city restaurant owner with no social life and then you bump into an old flame while visiting your hometown and before you know it, you’re in the kitchen together whipping up this festive pesto bread for the tree lighting ceremony! Who knows what will happen next?
7. Snap back to reality and throw in the oven for 15 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and sprinkle Parmesan cheese all over the top.
9. Return to oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and starts to turn golden brown.
10. Remove from oven and let cool. Careful! The oil from the pesto will be very hot.
11. Transfer to cutting board and slice into one or two-inch pieces. Come to Momma!
These pizza-ish bites are absolutely delicious, and serving these will ensure your status as holiday party hero.